Are you considering becoming an Uber Eats bike courier? Because you should be – it’s a great way to make money with your bike.
For starters, Uber Eats is one of the most popular bicycle food delivery jobs you can get. Everyone is familiar with the Uber Eats app – which means a constant stream of work. Most importantly, they’re currently hiring new courier drivers.
So, if you’re interested in a full-time or part-time bike delivery job, be sure to stick around – we have a great suggestion for you.
Read the detailed guide to learn everything about how to deliver Uber Eats on a bike – and decide if becoming the bike courier for Uber Eats is the right job for you.
How To Deliver Uber Eats On Bike?
Before we start, make sure you have the right equipment – a bicycle and a phone or tablet. Yep, that’s all the gear you’ll need. You’ll get the UberEats bag later on.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A UberEats Bike Delivery Courier?
Even though requirements may vary by city, the list usually goes like this:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You have to own a valid Photo ID (One of the following: passport (from any country), driving licence (only from EU and UK), EU Citizen/Identity Card
- You can supply a Bank statement dated within the last three months
- You have to pass the background check (it takes 3-5 days) for safety reasons
How Do You Sign Up As A Uber Eats Bike Food Delivery?
To sign up to do delivery to UberEats customers with a bike, you’ll need to visit their Driver app (or sign in through Uber’s website) and enter the following information:
- Your name
- National Insurance Number
- Date of birth
On a related note, when signing up, make sure you choose the right transportation method. In this case, that would be a bicycle. You can choose another vehicle if you prefer – like a car – but that might make an application process a little bit different.
What Is The Driver App?
This app is the same app Uber drivers use. The actual application process is pretty much the same, too. The difference is that you sign up for a courier account.
Uber’s app is user-friendly, so you shouldn’t have trouble using it.
It’ll provide you with helpful information while you’re working for UberEats and getting paid to make food delivery trips by riding a bike.
It includes features such as:
- In-app navigation
- Tracking the order’s progress (for customers)
- Receiving a review
How Do You Make Sure Your Documents Meet The Requirements?
The best way to provide the required documents is to upload their images; scanned documents are not accepted. You need to make sure:
- The photos found on the required documents are clear.
- All the text is readable.
- All four corners of the required documents are visible.
- No document has expired or is expiring soon.
- The name on all the documents matches the profile you’ve created for your Uber Eats account.
How Do You Complete Your Background Check?
Once you sign up for an UberEeats courier account, you’ll receive an email asking you to complete a background check by the third-party service provider.
The company doing the safety check is one of Uber’s partners, so they might ask you to provide a separate set of documents to prove you have the right to work in the UK and to complete the basic disclosure check.
If you don’t receive the email in a reasonable amount of time, check your spam or junk folder. Next, contact the Uber support team.
The process takes a couple of days – so be patient. If everything’s okay, you’ll receive a confirmation, meaning you can start accepting delivery demands and earning income on the Uber platform!
How Do You Upload The Required Documents To The Uber Eats Platform?
Within two weeks of your first bicycle delivery, you’ll need to upload a valid driver’s licence or other photo ID and a profile picture into the Uber app.
If you don’t do this on time, you won’t be able to go online, do the job – or get paid. Therefore, make sure you do it within the designated 14 days to get started with the actual deliveries.
The sooner you begin delivering, the sooner you’ll start getting your earnings.
How Do You Start Receiving Uber Eats Delivery Requests?
Congratulations! You’re now an UberEats food delivery courier – meaning you can start receiving your first delivery demands.
Start by going to the Driver app Settings menu. Select the “Account” menu to choose the “Work Hub” and “Deliver food with Uber Eats.” Read and accept the delivery terms, and you’ll be ready to hop onto your UberEats bike and search for your first customer.
You’re your own boss now. You can turn delivery demands on and off as you please and choose how many hours you’ll spend on this gig.
Here’s how you do the business:
- Log In – When you and your bicycle are both ready to start earning money by making food-delivering trips, go online and log in to the Driver app. The app will show available food delivery orders near your location.
- Confirm Order – If you’re ready to provide your services, simply tap to accept the desired order.
- Deliver The Order – The app will navigate you on the ride to the restaurant and from the restaurant to the customer. You’ll also get additional information needed for your deliveries to run smoothly. If you require assistance, contact Support in the app.
- Collect Your Earnings – You’ll be paid for every pickup and dropoff you do, plus a per-mile rate. In some cities, you’ll also receive a per-minute rate. In addition, Uber Eats customers can tip you if they’d like.
Uber Eats Bike Delivery: Conclusion
If you’ve decided this popular side hustle is something you’d like to pursue, take your bicycle and go for it! The hours are flexible, and if you maintain excellent service, you could get a bonus or tips from content customers, too.
Become a member of Service Club – and find UberEats jobs in your area!